This 10 week initiative from Good Not Perfect and Simplify, Live, Love is aimed at simplifying, finding time for yourself, and being happier. You can read about the 10 week project here and here.
We continue our journey this week in a phase of reflection. If you haven’t joined us, here’s all you need to know to catch up: There are 168 hours in a week, and we’re working hard to give two of these hours to ourselves.
It’s definitely not too late to join in. The bottom line is that we are not putting pressure on ourselves to do ANYTHING every single day. We are just trying to be conscious of setting aside a small fraction of our waking hours each week for nobody but ourselves.
- Week 1– We took 30 minutes and reflected on the highs and lows of our week. Mary shared her journal with us.
- Week 2 – We took a few minutes to think about what we would do with three hours “duty free”, and Colleen shared her journal with us.
- We have designated an unplugging time (at least 30 minutes before bedtime), and are trying to stick to it. After this point, no electronic devices allowed.
- We have started writing down everything that is nagging us – a running “to do” list to clear our head.
- We have started to write down obligations on a monthly calendar (again, to release our mind from having to remember).
- We have been trying to do something we enjoy in the evening, 2 nights a week.
Week 3 – Journal Entry – What is a topic I would love to learn more about? And why?
This week we want you to leave your answer in the comments below. We will be coming back to this answer in a future week.
Week 3 – Balance Homework:
- Continue to track your time.
- Continue to fill out the calendar for the next month.
- Schedule and remind yourself to take a warm bath, do some yoga poses, or drink a hot tea or glass of wine (something you enjoy) in the evening, 2 nights.
- Continue to drink a glass of water when you get up and one before each meal.
- (New) Start going to bed 30 minutes earlier and getting up 15 minute earlier.
Week 3 Readings:
- Article: How to Schedule Your Day for Peak Creative Performance from Fast Company. Comment below with any thoughts on the article. I (Laura) personally really liked the idea of Spontaneous Saturday and Intentional Sunday.
- Optional: Living Life Fully: Daily Meditations (Year 1) , 2 evenings ($2.99 Kindle eBook at the time of this post)
Don’t forget to post pictures of any of these homework assignments, with the hashtag “#Springintobalance” and this week #unplug, #drinkmorewater, #earlytobed. You can follow us on Instagram here and here.
Please give the journal entry subject some thought, then share below something that you’d love to learn more about.
Namaste and all that jazz.
Catching up? No problem! Proceed to Week 4 here.